FACF's mission is to improve the quality of life in the Fremont area by connecting donor interests with community needs and serving as a leader and catalyst in the development of solutions.
Fremont Area Community Foundation
605 N. Broad Street, P.O. Box 182
Fremont, NE 68025
Fax: (402) 721-9359
Tax ID 47-0629642
Stay in touch with FACF
Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive the latest news from the Fremont Area Community Foundation and learn about giving opportunities.
You Are Here: Grants > How to Apply
How to Apply for Grants
Important grant program changes have been announced for 2013. Please read about these changes before filling out the grant application.
The Fremont Area Community Foundation’s mission is to support activities which provide civic improvement, educational, health and recreation, social services, or arts and cultural benefits to Fremont, Nebraska and its surrounding communities. The Foundation gives grants from two funds: the Unrestricted Endowment Fund, established by many donors, and the Lester A. Walker Trust, which was founded under the will of Lester A. Walker, the publisher of the Fremont Tribune for many years. This application form may be used to apply for grants from both funds.
- Requesting organizations must be tax-exempt, as defined by the IRS in Section 501(c) (3), or eligible to receive such a designation.
- Grants are not made to individuals, except for college scholarships through component funds established for those purposes.
- The Foundation does not typically make grants for deficit financing, annual fund drives, or ongoing operating expenses.
- Grants will be considered for publicly-supported institutions for start-up programs when seed money is needed to generate other support for the activity, or when circumstances indicate that a grant will effectuate a program of particular importance.
- Grants are not made to religious organizations for religious purposes.
Grant Application Form
The grant application can be download from the link below. To download the latest version of Adobe Reader, please visit the Adobe website.
Grant Application Deadlines
Grant applications are accepted each quarter. Below are future application deadlines.
July 1, 2013
October 1, 2013
January 3, 2014
April 1, 2014
|Why is FACF important to the Fremont area?||Important Grants Program Changes Announced||Summer Food Program Opportunities Available||Gift Planning Tools Now Available||Sports Participation Scholarships Available|
|FACF's mission is connecting donor interests with community needs. Together, we can work to make a better community for generations to come.||The FACF Grants Program has new application guidelines for the remainder of 2013. The next grant application deadline is July 1, 2013.||The 2013 Summer Lunch Program Coordinating Team has once again been at work planning for another wonderful summer supporting area families.||Gift planning tools,articles and resources are now available on this website. See how your gift can provide for your community now and forever.||Sports participation scholarships are available through the Schilke-Novak Kids' Sports Trust for young athletes in the Fremont area.|