Greater Dodge County Area Responds to Flooding
Over the past week, the Fremont and greater Dodge County area has witnessed historic flooding, causing widespread damage and affecting the lives of many in the area. We have compiled a list of those who are supporting the flood relief and recovery efforts throughout the area:
If you would like to make a monetary donation, please visit one of the following links:
- Fremont Area Flood Relief & Recovery Fund (Fremont Area Community Foundation)
- Arlington Disaster Relief Fund
- North Bend Central Flood Response Fund for Student Activities and Needs
- Hooper/Winslow Flood Relief: There has been a fund set up for Winslow/Hooper Flood Relief at First Northeast Bank of Nebraska. All donations will be used to aid Hooper/Winslow residents who have lost their homes and belongings in the flooding. Please make your donations to any branch of First Northeast Bank of Nebraska
- Nebraska Farm Bureau (specifically for Nebraska farmers, ranchers and rural communities)
If you would like to drop off donated items:
- In Fremont: General donations are being taken at the Fremont City Auditorium. Please contact Mike Aerni at 402-720-8863 for more information, and an updated needs list, and other special instructions.
- In North Bend: Please contact the donation/distribution center at 402-919-3976 for an updated list of needed items.
If you would like to volunteer with clean-up efforts:
- In Fremont: The contact information for the Fremont Area Volunteer Reception Center is: 402-253-0448 or email@example.com. The VRC is located at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Delaney Hall, 3400 East 16th Street, Fremont. It will be operational from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- In North Bend: Please contact the volunteer coordinator at 402-919-3967 for information on how to volunteer.
- Important Things to Know about Disaster Assistance (Fremont Tribune)
Other assistance and resources:
- If you're in need of support, please talk to a clergy member, counselor, or doctor. Here are some resources.
- The Nebraska Department of Agriculture has put together a list of disaster relief resources for Nebraska farmers and ranchers seeking assistance due to severe weather.
- Information on road closures can be found on the Nebraska 511 maps or by dialing 511.
- The Nebraska State Patrol Helpline is available 24 hours a day for motorists in need of assistance. Dial *55 from any cell phone or 911 in an emergency.
- Case Management hours at the Fremont City Auditorium are from 9 am to 4 pm for those affected by the flood needing additional services – anyone in the area who was affected by these floods is welcome to all supplies and services at the City Auditorium. You do not have to be a resident of Fremont to receive help!
- Nebraskans needing property cleanup can contact the Crisis Clean Up Hotline: 833-556-2476.
- Farmers in need of hay, feed stuffs, fencing materials, volunteer help, equipment, etc. should call the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at 1-800-831-0550.
- Businesses can call the U.S. Chamber’s Disaster Help Desk for Business at 1-888-692-4943.
- NEMA has set up a hotline for general questions from the public. The number is 402-817-1551.
- For all other needs for assistance call 211.
- If you have an emergency, you should dial 911.