The Fremont Area Community Foundation’s mission is to support activities which provide civic improvement, educational, health and recreation, social services, or arts and cultural benefits to Fremont, Nebraska and its surrounding communities. The Foundation gives grants from two funds: the Fremont Forever Fund, established by many donors, and the Lester A. Walker Fund, which was founded under the will of Lester A. Walker who was the publisher of the Fremont Tribune for many years. This application form may be used to apply for grants from both funds.
- Requesting organizations must be tax-exempt, as defined by the IRS in Section 501(c) (3), or eligible to receive such a designation, or a public entity such as a school or governmental institution.
- Grants are not made to individuals, except for college scholarships through component funds established for those purposes.
- The Foundation does not typically make grants for deficit financing, annual fund drives, or ongoing operating expenses.
- Grants will be considered for publicly-supported institutions for start-up programs when seed money is needed to generate other support for the activity, or when circumstances indicate that a grant will effectuate a program of particular importance.
- Grants are not made to religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Grant applicants that have been denied funding may not reapply for the same project for 12 months.
Application Process for Competitive Grants
Applications for competitive grants are accepted four times a year. The application deadlines are generally the first business day of the following months: January, April, July and October. Grants must be submitted to the Fremont Area Community Foundation office by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date.
If your request is $1,500 or less, you may be eligible for a Mini-Grant. Download the application here.
Grant requests totaling $50,000 or more are reviewed one time annually during January of each year and it is recommended that organizations submit a Letter of Intent prior to a full application. The deadline for the Letter of Intent is December 1st of each year. Instructions for the Letter of Intent can be found here.
Contact Melissa Diers at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-721-4252 with any questions you may have.
Grant Application Deadlines
January 3rd, 2022
April 1st, 2022
July 1st, 2022
October 1st, 2022