The Legacy Society is composed of individuals who have provided for the Fremont Area Community Foundation as part of their planned gifts. These are special people who are dedicated to a better future for their community for years to come.
There are many different ways to become a member of the Legacy Society. Simply inform the Foundation of the type of gift you have chosen to leave. This may include cash, securities, life insurance, IRA, memorials or other bequests. Gifts may offer tax advantages. We advise consultation with your financial advisor or attorney.
Becoming a member of the FACF Legacy Society has many advantages:
- Flexibility - Through the Foundation you can serve several charitable interests in one place.
- Involvement - Donors can choose the level of involvement according to their preferences.
- Naming Rights - Funds can be named as desired: for an individual, a family, a purpose or an organization.
- Experience - The Foundation’s Board of Directors and staff are experienced with philanthropy in the Fremont area.
- Tax Savings - The Fremont Area Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization and qualifies as a public charity under federal tax law.
- Permanence - The Foundation will continue to respond to community needs of the future as they evolve.
For more information about planned gifts through the Fremont Area Community Foundation, please contact Melissa Diers at 402-721-4252.